Week 1 Day 1 of NA LCS just came to a close. So lets quickly go over what happen and what we have learned from this.Today we learned that VES is not the weakest team in LCS. Also, Kennen is a tier 1 pick as discovered by the Asian scene months ago. Finally, we learned that C9 is not just all talk. Below are highlight videos of all the matches for the day.
- TSM vs C9 – Possibly the most intense match of Day 1. It was a back and forth battle all game long until TSM was able to secure baron but lost mid inhibitor. Another 2 poorly executed battle later, C9 pulled ahead and secured the victory. Watch the video below for in depth analysis. This will be the only video with in depth analysis because I realized it takes me 4 hours to make 1 video and there not enough time in a day for all the matches.
- CST (Team Coast) vs TSM – CST started off really strong with 3 early kills but faltered on farm and objective control. Despite the early kills, Team Coast had a miss step outside Dragon pit and went 1 for 3 and lost dragon. After that TSM continued the pressure and extended the gold lead. Another bad engagement without core Ultimates cost Team Coast 4 players giving TSM a free baron + another kill when Zed tried to stop it. TSM pushes with baron, aces Team Coast and takes the win.
- Curse vs Vulcun – The game looked dead even at a score of 1-1 up until the 15 minutes mark. Curse goes mid to try and take the tower when Kennen flanks from the left choking Curse at blue side mid river ramp. A good snare from Zyra clumps Curse up to gibb Kennen but a flash Crescendo from Sona counters Curse (V wins 3 for 1). Vulcun then controls dragon for the rest of the game and gets small pick off while Curse takes down tower. The gold count is relatively really close despite the 8-3 kill score. Lux gets caught out and dies so Vulcun continues to push. Then Jayce gets caught by a Rune Prison and a full on engage happens under Curse’s base tower. Vulcun Aces Curse and takes inhib for 2 deaths. The rest is just clock work. Vulcun pressures and takes baron, pushes top then bot, and ends the game.
- DIG vs C9 – DIG had a really good strategy going in, countering both of Nasus’s Jungle buffs. However, Nasus responded by doing a 3v1 top lane push taking down DIG’s turret at 3:50. DIG then picks up an early kills then then falters quickly by dying in lane, falling to ganks, and losing dragon during mid game. A good Thresh hook catches Jayce out and kills him. C9 heavily damages DIG and calls for baron. C9 then takes baron but also loses 1 for 1. From here on C9 pressure straight down mid lane. Silly deaths by DIG allowed C9 to push straight through mid an end the game.
- CLG vs VES – CLG’s Vlad, died twice very early in top lane. The first in a straight up 1v1 and the 2nd to a Lee Sin gank. Similarly in bot lane, Twitch gets hit by Zyra’s root then full combo giving each of VES’s bot lane an early kill and assist. VES continues to take towers and dragon to extend their lead up until CLG tried to make a sneaky play camping a brush but poorly executed it. Thresh missed a hook on Kayle and a fight breaks out while CLG did not have all their abilities available. CLG loses the fight 3 for 1 and VES picks up baron. The last 2 fights, VES is just way too far ahead and Thresh hooks Kennen into his team assisting him in landing great ultimates. VES wipes the floor with CLG with an ace claiming the victory.
- CST vs Vulcun – CST had a decent early game lead with some really good ganks. However, they only really started pulling ahead when Vulcun made a dragon call and had their ADC tank. A snipe from Ezreal with the help of the dragon’s damage burn picks off Caitlyn forcing Vulcun back. On the retreat CST picks off Sona then goes to take dragon. From there it was was very easy game for CST. They continue to pressure towers and won team fights pulling further and further ahead.